April 23, 2012 | The annual “Spring Fling” again proved a showcase for some UAMS employees and students who took the stage for the April 20 event, part of the Friday Live @ UAMS series presented by The Arts of UAMS.
Click here for a slideshow from the event or click here for video clips of the performances.
The program included:
· Dave Miller, chief information officer, singing “The Best is Yet to Come”
· Heather Graham of the Outpatient Breast center, singing “Long Gone”
· Kasie Lunsford of the Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology performing “Nobody’s Fault But Mine”
· Matthew Neoh, a medical student, performing an original composition, “Song #1”
· Linda Thompson from Alumni Affairs performing “The Prayer”
· Jamie Jensen from the Jones Eye Institute performing “On My Knees”
· Patrick Ellis, a College of Health Related Professions student and College of Pharmacy student Ciara Persons performing “Where is My Mind?”
· Martin Maize, a volunteer, performing “Misty”
· “You Can’t Stop The Beat,” a performance by the Student Dancers, featuring choreographer Joi Chen of the College of Medicine; research assistant Chris Mosley; Dina Epstein from the College of Medicine; Kevin Barber from the College of Medicine; Hannah Henson from the College of Medicine; Coy Lock from the College of Medicine; Maggie Wilson of the College of Medicine; Spender Wolken of the College of Medicine and Claire Scruggs of the College of Medicine
Kent Westbrook, M.D., served as master of ceremonies.
To find out more about the Arts of UAMS group, visit http://arts.uams.edu. If you or someone you know at UAMS can sing, dance, improvise or entertain, contact email@example.com.