The Freight Programs Manager controls costs and develops and implements effective and consistent management guidelines and policies for freight throughout the UAMS system. The Freight Programs Manager:
- Works with outside freight management firms to ensure that the best service levels and costs are being achieved.
- Minimizes the amount of unmanaged freight throughout the system.
- Trains UAMS staff in basic shipping processes to impart awareness of the impact that differing modes of shipment (examples: Priority Overnight, Standard Overnight, etc.) have on UAMS freight costs.
- Ensures that UAMS cost per package targets are maintained.
- Tracks the number of shipments, analyzes shipping modes, works with UAMS facilities on mode optimization, and determines the appropriate mode of shipment needed for the priority of the customer activity.
- Monitors and controls FedEx and UPS account holders to ensure that proper policies and procedures are used by each account holder.
- Ensures that shipments funded by Grants are managed to the satisfaction of the customers.
- Ensures that shippers are billing UAMS correctly and that costs are allocated properly.
- Examines the Freight Exception Report and make sure that unresolved freight invoices are properly matched to the originating POs.
- Produces reports for Materials Management directors on the current status of the freight system at UAMS.
- Develops key performance indicators (KPIs) and improvements based upon best practices in freight management.
- Reduces costs of all methods of freight throughout the UAMS.
- Ensures that all instances of policy violations by UAMS facilities or vendors are investigated and reported to the Vice Chancellor for Supply Chain Operations.
Freight Programs Manager