PHACS Latest News and Updates
November 10, 2011: Data Update:
Changes to Existing Indicators:
- Change “Percent of Males with No Recent Prostate Exams” to “Percent of Males with No Recent Prostate Cancer Screening (PSA)”
- Changed “Food Stamp” variables to “Food Stamp (SNAP)”
- “Percent of Adults with Early Prenatal Care” changed to “Percent of Women with Early Prenatal Care” and moved to the Preventive Behavior category.
- “Life Expectancy of Both Sexes” changed to “Life Expectancy”
- “Cardiovascular Deaths (Crude Rate)” changed to “Cardiovascular Disease Deaths (Crude Rate) “ for consistency with other variables
- “Number of Adults Overweight or Obese” and “Percent of Adults Overweight or Obese” changes to “Number of Adults Reporting Being Overweight or Obese” and “Percent of Adults Reporting Being Overweight or Obese”.
Median Cost of Rent
Median Cost of Rent as Percentage of Income
Percent of People that were born in US
Percent of People that were Foreign-born
Percent of People with Less than 9th grade education
Percent of People with some High School education
Percent of People with High School Diploma
Percent of People with some College education
Percent of Households that speak another language other than English
Percent of Households that do not speak English
Percent of Spanish-Speaking Households that don’t speak English
Percent of Households with Children
Percent of Households with Single Parent
Percent of Households with no Children
Percent of Grandparents who are primary caregivers
Elderly persons with Medicare
Colon and Rectum Cancer Incidence
Lung and Bronchus Cancer Incidence
Breast Cancer Incidence
Prostate Cancer Incidence
August 31, 2011: BRFSS Update for 2009, including 10 new indicators on Physical Activity, Asthma, and Overweight and Obese Residents.
August 8, 2011: The Spanish version of PHACS is now available at
www.uams.edu/phacs/espanol or by using the En español link from the main PHACS website.
March 29, 2011: Updated Life Expectancy data from Arkansas Center for Health Statistics
based on 2005-2007 mortality data and 2010 population estimates
February 14, 2011: In the Demographics Profile, the following indicators have been added: Number of American Indian and Alaska Native (alone) Residents,
Percent of American Indian and Alaska Native (alone) Residents, Number of Asian (alone) Residents, and Percent of Asian (alone) Residents. In the Access to
Healthcare Profile, the following indicators have been added: Percent Uninsured Ages 0-19, Percent Uninsured Ages 0-64, Percent Uninsured Ages 18-64, and Percent Uninsured Ages 40-64.
In the Behavioral Risks Profile, several indicators have been added from the 2009 Arkansas Prevention Needs Assessment Survey from questions reported by 6th and 12th grade
January 14, 2011: In Health Outcomes, the following health indicators have been updated: Accident Deaths, Birth Rate, Breast Cancer Deaths,
Cancer Deaths, Cardiovascular Disease Deaths, Diabetes Deaths, Homicide Rate, Low Birth Rate, Lung cancer deaths, All-cause mortality rate, Preterm Births, Teenage Suicide Rate
October 4, 2010: 2009 Health Status of African Americans in Arkansas Report is available. Visit the Other Reports link on the
PHACS website for more information.
PHACS is officially live as of August 25, 2010. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions.