Welcome to the PHACS, a web resource for county level public health data in Arkansas! This guide will help you navigate through PHACS to search for county data, reports, maps, and health care resources.
To search by county, start on the home page by either choosing a county from the map or by finding a county in the drop down box below the map.
1. Begin to select a topic by choosing from one of the categories. The description for each topic is listed below the categories.
2. Refine the search by selecting a sub-topic by choosing one of the links from the list. A description of each sub-topic is given in the table.
3. Select an indicator by choosing one of the links from the list. A description of each indicator is given in the table.
4. View more information about each health indicator for the county selected as well as email, print, and download the information to MS Excel.
5. You can also view all the related indicators for the county selected by clicking on View All Indicators option on the right side menu.
6. You can also view an interactive map on how that indicator is represented across the state of Arkansas by clicking on the indicator name (View Map.)
7. Place your mouse over the county to see the value for that county. Click on the county to view the profile report.
1. To search by topic, use the menu at the left side of your screen called Search by Topic. Click on a topic or use the arrows to drill down to sub-topics and find a health indicator of interest.
2. You can also select a topic by clicking on one of the buttons on the Select A Topic page. The description for each topic will be below the topic buttons.
3. Refine the search by selecting a sub-topic by choosing one from the list. A description of each sub-topic is given in the table.
4. Select an indicator by choosing one from the list. A description of each indicator is given in the table.
5. Place your mouse over the county to see the value for that county. Click on the county to view the profile report.
To access a county profile report, use the menu at the left side of your screen called Profile Report by County. Choose a county profile report by either choosing a county from the map or by finding a county in the drop down box below the map.
1. To search for health care resources, begin by choosing a county from the dropdown list. Once you have selected a county, press the “Next – Enter Special Services Offered” button below.
2. Next, you will choose what health care resources you are looking for in the county you have chosen. Refine your search as needed. Check the options for locations that accept Medicaid, Free or Sliding Fee Scale, or have a Spanish translator available. This is optional. Check the type of resource you need by choosing from the Category of Resource. You may choose one or more. Check all boxes that apply. Once you are done, click the “Next – Enter Specific Resources Types” button.
3. Refine your search by selecting the type of facilities you want to find. You can choose as many as you want. You can refine your search by choosing specialty. (This is only applicable to medical and dental clinics.) Once you are done, click the “Search for Services” button at the bottom of the page.
4. Now your search is complete! Below is a list of the resources in your area. Click on the name to visit their website (available). Click on their address for map and directions (via Google). Also listed is the phone number, whether the clinic/facility accepts Medicaid, if there is a Spanish translator available, and if the facility offers free or sliding scale services. Be sure to check with the facility also to make sure this information is correct.