Computer and Library Resources
|End of Residency? Guide to Library Resources|
Links to Helpful Websites
|AAMC Organization of Resident Representatives|
|AMA Residency and Fellowship Vacancies link|
|ACGME Homepage link|
Debt and Money Management
|AAMC Educational Debt Management Service|
|UAMS Physician Placement Service: http://ruralhealth.uams.edu/cvsubmissionphysicianplacement|
|AMA Physician Employment Contracts part I link ; part II link|
Power Point Presentation by Dr. Stacy
Rudnicki: Negotiating For the Ideal Job 2001
Power Point Presentation : Interviewing for an Academic Position: What to Know Before You Go, 2003
Customs and Culture
|Customs and Culture in the United States link|
|UAMS Foreign Exchange Visitor Information|
|ECFMG Certification Program and J-1 Visas|
to the Table of Contents
Central Arkansas Veterans Healthcare System
- free mediated computer assisted literature searching by a trained Health Sciences Librarian
- 375 subscriptions to journals
- 2,780 books
- several health sciences databases including Medline, PsychLit, CINAHL
- 6 public access computers at Little Rock, 3 public access computers at North Little Rock all with Internet access
After Hours Access
- check out the key at the admissions desk
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences http://www.library.uams.edu
End of Residency? Guide to Library Resources
To assist those leaving UAMS, the Library has a web page guide you to available resources depending on whether you are staying in Arkansas, but not at UAMS or leaving Arkansas for another U.S. location or staying at UAMS. The guide provides information on PubMed for MEDLINE, Loansome Doc services, literature searches, AHEC Libraries, and more. We hope this resource makes your transition easier. UAMS Library - Outreach Services for Health Professionals
AAMC Educational Debt Management Website (https://www.aamc.org/services/first/)
The Association of American Medical Colleges has a web site for the various educational debt management services available from the AAMC for residents and GME staff.
web site provides educational debt
management services currently available for residents.
1. MONEYMATTERS notes, archived & accessible by category (interest rates, grace, deferment, forbearance, consolidation, etc)
2. Information from the Department of Education regarding the new interest rates, including those for older Stafford Loans.
3. Updated version of The Layman's Guide to Educational Debt Management for Residents and GME Staff.
4. A link to the primer on loan consolidation.
5. Access to a PowerPoint presentation on consolidation.
6. A glossary of terms, plus links to (MD)2 - Monetary Decisions for Medical Doctors and Careers in Medicine.
Association of American Medical Colleges Organization of Resident Representatives (ORR) (https://www.aamc.org/members/orr/)
The ORR was established in 1991 as an integral component of the AAMC's governance structure, serving as one of the five governing arms to provide a venue for resident physicians to have input into the development of AAMC policy. The ORR is also designed as a leadership opportunity for residents interested in academic medicine, serving as a vehicle for professional development activities for its members. The members of the ORR are appointed by Council of Academic Societies members representing either department chairs or program directors. Each eligible society appoints two residents for a two-year term.
Date page was last updated 11/03/11