Alternative, Green, and Sustainable are all common words used to describe transportation that makes a positive contribution to the environment both socially and economically. UAMS Parking Operations is committed in offering various alternative transportation options specific to the UAMS environment. We're working towards a mix that offers opportunities to save on fuel expense and parking fees while ultimately creating a more sustainable campus.
Transportation has become a significant issue on the UAMS Campus as well as other campuses around the country. UAMS Parking Operations would like to challenge UAMS employees to consider other less traditional options. Currently, incentives are being offered to UAMS Easy•Rider registered carpools.
Did you know?
- It is expected that the number of cars and trucks on already crowded highways will double in the next 30 years.
- The Average American spends 434 hours (18 days) in his/her car each year.
- Driving your car 20,800 miles a year emits 23,600 lbs. of carbon dioxide (CO2).
- Every car emits its own weight in CO2 annually.
- Cutting 25 miles a week from your driving and you could save 1,500 lbs. of CO2 annually.
- Did you know? The United States could save 33 million gallons of fuel daily if the average commuting vehicle carried just 1 additional person.
- 80 lbs. of hydrocarbons
- 606 lbs. of carbon monoxide (CO)
- 10,000 lbs. of CO2
- Consumes over 550 gallons of fuel
- 114 lbs. of hydrocarbons
- 894 lbs. of carbon monoxide (CO)
- 16,800 lbs. of CO2
- Consumes over 915 gallons of fuel
The average passenger car emits the following annually:
The average SUV emits the following annually: