UAMS Powered Air Purifying (PAPR) Respirator Approval Process
Since the Powered Air Purifying (PAPR) respirator is a tight-fitting face piece respirator, there is an approval process each wearer must complete before being fitted for the respirator. The steps below includes a medical questionnaire, training, testing and fitting of these respirators.
Step 1: Complete the Respirator Medical Evaluation Questionnaire.
- Send the completed questionaire to Employee/Student Health by faxing the form to 296-1230 or email the form to Employee/Student Health.
- Please wait 4 business days for the Employee Health Services to process the questionnaire. You will only be contacted if there are concerns regarding your answers on the questionnaire.
- Re-evaluation is required:
- Every 2 years if age was 45 years and older
- Every 3 years if age was 35 - 44 years
- Every 5 years if age was 34 years and younger
- Respiratory training must be completed before being allowed the wear a respirator.
- Go to the Online Training Center and select the appropriate PAPR Respirator Training selection and the Post Test following the training.
- You must make an appointment for hands on training by calling Sonja Hart 296-1060.
- You must print and bring the My Compass training certificate with you before you come to the hands on training.
- The annual training is necessary to monitor the user ability to wear the respirator correctly.