UAMS Half Face / Full Face Respirator Approval Process
Since the Half Face / Full Face respirator is a tight-fitting face piece respirator, there is an approval process each wearer must complete before being fitted for the respirator. The steps below includes a medical questionnaire, training, testing and fitting of these respirators.
Step 1: Complete the Respirator Medical Evaluation Questionnaire.
- Call the Employee/Student Health at 686-6565 to schedule a respirator physical.
- Please take the completed medical evaluation questionnaire with you to the appointment.
- Re-evaluation is required:
- Every 2 years if age was 45 years and older
- Every 3 years if age was 35 - 44 years
- Every 5 years if age was 34 years and younger
- Every year if an individual has an existing or develops a medical condition that requires annual examinations.
- Half Face / Full Face Training: Complete the Half Face/Full Face Respirator Training and the Post Test following the training.
- You must be fit tested within 90 days of completing the training.
- You must print and bring the My Compass training certificate with you before you come for the fit test.
|Mondays: 7:00 - 10:00 am|
|Wednesdays: 1:00 - 4:00 pm|
|Thursdays: 7:00 - 10:00 am|
- No appointment is necessary.
- Do not eat, chew gum or drink anything except water for at least 15 minutes before coming to be fit tested
- Do not bring cups, drink bottles or food with you when coming to be fit tested. They are not allowed in the laboratory.
- Males must be clean shaven to be fit tested. A mustache and goatee is allowed as long as it does not go under the chin to the neck.
- Come to Central Building, G-154 to be fit tested (located around the corner from the cafeteria).