UAMS N95 Respirator Approval Process
Since the N95 respirator is a tight-fitting face piece respirator, there is an approval process each wearer must complete before being fitted for a the N95 respirator. The steps below includes a medical questionnaire, training, testing and fitting of the N95 respirator.
Step 1: Complete the N95 Respirator Medical Evaluation Questionnaire.
- Send the completed questionnaire to the Employee/Student Health by Fax 296-1230 or send to Slot # 530-8.
- Please wait 3 to 4 business days after faxing or mailing the questionnaire to Employee/Student Health before coming to be fit tested.
- Re-submission of the Medical Evaluation Questionnaire is required:
- Every 2 years if age was 45 years and older
- Every 3 years if age was 35 - 44 years
- Every 5 years if age was 34 years and younger
- Every year if an individual has an existing or develops a medical condition that requires annual examinations.
- Complete the 15 minute N95 Respirator Training presentation and complete the Post Test following the training.
- You must be fit tested within 90 days of completing the training.
|Mondays: 7:00 - 10:00 am|
|Wednesdays: 1:00 - 4:00 pm|
|Thursdays: 7:00 - 10:00 am|
- No appointment is necessary.
- Do not eat, chew gum or drink anything except water for at least 15 minutes before coming to be fit tested
- Do not bring cups, drink bottles or food with you when coming to be fit tested. They are not allowed in the laboratory.
- Males must be clean shaven to be fit tested. A mustache and goatee is allowed as long as it does not go under the chin to the neck.
- Come to Central Building (old hospital ) G-172A to be fit tested (located near the silver elevator that is facing UAMS Mail Processing).
- Annual fit tests are required to monitor changes in facial structure and ability to wear the respirator.
- Annual refresher training is required.