UAMS Powered Air Purifying (PAPR) or Half Face/Full Face Respirator Approval Process
Since the PAPR and the Half Face/Full Face respirator is a tight-fitting face piece respirator, there is an approval process each wearer must complete before being fitted for a the N95 respirator. The steps below includes a medical questionnaire, training, testing and fitting of these respirators.
If you have any questions and / or concerns please contact Teddy Conner by email or you may call him at 526-5462.
Step 1: Complete the Respirator Medical Evaluation Questionnaire.
- Call the Employee/Student Health at 686-6565 to schedule a respirator physical.
- Please take the completed medical evaluation questionnaire with you to the appointment.
- If wearing the PAPR you must make an appointment for hands on training by calling Sonja Hart at 296-1060 otherwise, no appointment is necessary.
- Do not eat or drink anything except water at least 15 minutes before coming to be fit tested
- Males must be clean shaven to be fit tested. A mustache and goatee is allowed as long as it does not go under the chin to the neck.
- Come to Central Building (old hospital ) G-154 to be fit tested. (1st door on left as you leave Old Central Sterile Supply & walk toward Medical Records).
|Mondays: 7:00 - 10:00 am|
|Wednesdays: 1:00 - 4:00 pm|
|Thursdays: 7:00 - 10:00 am|