About Design and Construction
The Design & Construction department provides construction support for planning and design coordination, project construction oversight, space management, and actual construction.
After we receive your request to start a project, Design & Construction will initiate the planning, feasibility studies, budgeting and estimating based on the scope provided by the UAMS department. This initial work will determine if a project is feasible to proceed with development of construction documents. We have an interior designer that works with our customers and design professionals to ensure that all UAMS standards are met and design themes are maintained.
Once your project is designed and ready for construction, your project manager will oversee the construction phase meeting regularly with you, the contractors, and design consultant to keep the project on schedule, within scope, and within budget. As a team, we oversee every aspect of a construction project here at UAMS, the NW Arkansas campus, and other satellite properties. In doing so, we will ensures that UAMS is getting quality work and the best value for all renovation and new construction work.
Through the links on the left you can access some additional features:
• The form to initiate a project (CER Construction Estimate Request) will be sent for you from this link. You should receive a confirmation call and then a planner will be assigned to your project. Within 2 weeks you should be contacted by your planner to get started with the initial planning stages of your project.
• Check out the project status link where you can see the latest update regarding any on-going active design or construction project. The status of the projects will be updated every Monday and you should contact the planner or project manager if questions arise between updates or at any time you need clarification.
• The GCC (Guide to Consultants and Contractors) defines the standards expected when working at UAMS.
• A link to the UAMS expansion web page showing many of the exciting major additions and renovations recently completed or currently underway on the campus.
• We welcome your feedback because it is vital to our ability to meet or exceed your expectations. Please use the link to our contact information.
Thanks for allowing us to serve you.
Brian Cotten, PE, CHFM