UAMS ADMINISTRATIVE GUIDE
|SUBJECT:||CHILDREN'S EDUCATIONAL ACTIVITIES LEAVE|
The State of Arkansas and the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS), in conformance with Act 1028 of 2007, have established uniform procedures for educational leave for children’s activities. The purpose of this policy is to inform all departments within UAMS of these procedures so that uniformity can be established throughout the campus.
1. All regular, non-temporary full-time employees, excluding part-time employees , shall be granted eight (8) hours per calendar year to participate in their children’s educational activities. This is eight hours per employee, regardless of the number of children involved.
2. Leave that is unused during a calendar year may not be carried over to the next year, nor is such unused leave payable at termination.
3. A child is defined as a person enrolled in pre-kindergarten through grade 12 who is related to the employee as a
4. Educational activity is defined as a
5. Employees must request the use of Children’s Educational Activities Leave in advance and in accordance with their department guidelines for requesting time off, including documentation as to the type of educational activity (see Item 4 above) in which the employee is participating and the employee’s relationship with the child. Time must be requested in increments of at least ¼ (.25) hour.
6. Timekeepers will enter hours taken into Kronos as Holiday hours, with a “comment” of CEAL leave.
Ref: Act 1028 of 2007: http://www.arkleg.state.ar.us/ftproot/acts/2007/public/act1028.pdf