ISSUING AND MONITORING SCHOLARSHIP FUNDS
The purpose of the policy is to establish uniform
guidelines for UAMS to issue and monitor the scholarship funds that are given
from various funding sources.
- Scholarships are awarded through the colleges and
notification is made to the Financial Aid Office. The Financial Aid Office
includes the scholarship in the financial aid award package, and all
applicable state and federal regulations are applied.
- The colleges in accordance with their published
guidelines determine the eligibility and amount of funds awarded for
scholarships for each period of enrollment.
- The colleges designate the appropriate individual in
their college to monitor the administration of the funds.
- When applicable, federal or state guidelines will be
followed for awarding and monitoring funds and submitting reports as needed.
- The appropriate Dean, Associate Dean, Business
Officer, Grant Manager, or designated College or Department official will
participate in the process of monitoring scholarship funds.