UAMS ADMINISTRATIVE GUIDE
|SUBJECT:||GENERAL LEDGER CORRECTION REQUESTS|
The purpose of this policy is to provide departments within the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) with the procedures to be followed when a department requests corrections to the General Ledger.
PROCEDURE (GENERAL LEDGER REPORT CORRECTIONS)
(1) General Ledger Reports are generated monthly and
include all transactions between the first and last day of the month. Closing
date for the General Ledger is by the fifth working day of the following month,
and the reports are available for processing the following day. Departments
should carefully examine each section of their General Ledger Report for
(2) Departments requesting a correction to the General Ledger will see the correction on the next month’s Ledger if the request is received prior to closing for that month. The cut-off date for submitting correction requests is the closing date for a given month.
(3) Departments requesting a correction must submit a memo, fax or email to the General Accounting Section of the Finance Department, # 545, fax number 686-7566 citing the discrepancy, and what the correct entry should be.
PROCEDURE (JOURNAL VOUCHERS)
(4) Journal Vouchers shall be prepared by General Accounting to authorize adjustments to non-payroll General Ledger account balances. Departments may request that a Journal Voucher be made in order to generate a movement of funds from one account to another. All Journal Voucher requests must be submitted to the General Accounting Section of the Finance Dept., Slot 545, by the third working day of the month in order to be included on the General Ledger Report.
(5) Departments requesting issuance of a Journal Voucher must submit a memo to General Accounting, # 545, a fax @ 686-7566 or an email, explaining the reason for issuance.
(6) SAP upload interfaces are the method of billing for monthly services from departments such as Communications, Physical Plant, etc. Discrepancies in these charges must be resolved between the department finding the discrepancies and the billing department. The charged department is responsible for coordinating with the billing department in order to ensure that the corrected information is processed.
(7) Departments finding that an individual’s salary has been paid from the wrong account must first verify with the UAMS Office of Human Resources that the personnel information contained in SAP is correct. If the information is not correct, the individual must coordinate with the Office of Human Resources to correct the problem.