UAMS ADMINISTRATIVE GUIDE
||ENERGY CONSERVATION POLICY
The purpose of the UAMS Energy Conservation Policy is to outline
campus-wide procedures for implementing an energy conservation program.
- The Physical Plant department will take the necessary steps to establish
appropriate temperatures for both winter and summer operations. In addition, night setback
temperatures will be established at 62 degrees Fahrenheit where appropriate during winter
operation and 82 degrees Farenheit where appropriate during summer operation.
- Heating will be shut off to loading ramps and docks, as well as to other
rooms unused and unnecessary for daily work.
- All staff, faculty and students are encouraged to close all window
drapes, shading devices, doors and other outside protective units.
- Employees are encouraged to submit energy conservation ideas to the
Office of Campus Operations.
- All employees are encouraged to dress appropriately for the above
expected room temperatures.