UAMS ADMINISTRATIVE GUIDE
|SUBJECT:||JOB AD REQUEST|
Advertisements for all position vacancies (staff, faculty, and administrative) will be approved and coordinated through the Office of Human Resources (OHR) and the UAMS Office of Communications and Marketing. This includes advertisements in publications such as newspapers, journals, newsletters, and other professional or trade periodicals. The goal of this policy is to assure compliance with applicable laws and consistency in presentation, and to maximize discounts and optimize effectiveness. Acting on behalf of all colleges, departments, and entities of UAMS, the OHR produces and place ads to attract qualified future employees through thoughtful strategies, the OHR offers available vacant positions to qualified candidates in the right medium at a reasonable cost. Communications & Marketing will be approving ads based on consistency of appearance and combining jobs ads to reduce cost. Advertising requests will be made to OHR Recruitment by completing and submitting a Job Ad Request. Any questions regarding this policy may be presented to OHR Recruitment at 296-1773.
JOB AD REQUEST
PUBLICATION: o Arkansas Democrat/Gazette o Arkansas Times o Arkansas Business
o Out of State Publication ________________ (specify) o Whatajob (free) o Monster Board(specify)
o Other ______________________________________ (specify)
CATEGORY/HEADING: o Accounting o Clerical o Computer/Data Processing o Management
o Medical/Dental o Nursing o Professional o Technical o Faculty
ADVERTISED POSITION TITLE:_________________________________ POSITION #:_____________
RUN DATE(S):_________________________________________________________ (Be specific i.e., Sunday, July 11th & July 18th )
PLEASE ATTACH A COPY OF YOUR SUGGESTED AD
Account Number to be billed:
DEPARTMENT HEAD’S SIGNATURE:_____________________________________ DATE:______________
INSTRUCTIONS: Send form to OHR Recruitment, # 779.
DEADLINE FOR ADVERTISEMENT REQUEST IS BY NOON EACH WEDNESDAY
FOR RECRUITMENT OFFICE USE ONLY:
Human Resources, # 779
JOB AD REQUEST INSTRUCTIONS
Departments must coordinate advertisements for all position vacancies through OHR Recruitment. Advertising request must be made by completing a Job Ad Request Form.
COMPLETING THE FORM
1. Requested By: Enter name of person requesting the ad.
2. Title: Enter title of person requesting the ad.
3. Department: Enter name of department making the request.
4. Phone: Enter telephone number of contact person making the request
5. Publication (check one): Select from publications indicated in which the position vacancy is to be advertised, or write other choice(s) in space allotted.
6. Category (check one): Check the appropriate job category to which the position belongs.
7. Position Title: Indicate official/functional position title.
8. Position Number: Enter 8-digit position number.
9. Run Date(s): Indicate the dates on which the ad is to be placed in the chosen publication.
10. Suggested Ad Copy: Attach a copy of suggested ad. Ad copy should agree with job description, or any other posted advertisement for the position.
11. Account Number To Be Billed: Enter the object code number on which the Purchase Order is to be drawn on once the invoice arrives.
12. Mail Box #: Enter the departmental box number.
13. Department Head’s Signature: Department Head must sign and date the completed form prior to submission to the OHR.
14. Send the form to OHR Recruitment, # 779.