UAMS ADMINISTRATIVE GUIDE
|SUBJECT:||POSITION CLASSIFICATION QUESTIONNAIRE|
The purpose of this policy is to inform all departments of requirements to be followed when advertising a position, requesting a new position or reclassifying an existing position as established by the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and the Department of Finance & Administration (DF&A). Requests for new positions and/or reclassification of existing positions will be made by completing a Position Classification Questionnaire (PCQ). A current PCQ must also be submitted when requesting an out of cycle salary increase. The PCQ form is available on the UAMS OHR website at http://www.uams.edu/ohr/Forms.htm. The purpose of the PCQ is to describe the proposed job duties and responsibilities of a new position, or to describe the current job duties and responsibilities of an existing position.
Department Directors, Principal Investigators, and/or the appropriate departmental/divisional personnel must complete a PCQ under the following circumstances and attach the additional forms listed for each. All departmental/divisional level signatures must be secured prior to submitting to OHR Classification and Compensation. Employees, if available, should complete and sign all appropriate sections of the questionnaire.
1. Allocate additional position: When requesting a new position, a PCQ must be submitted, unless the request is for faculty or licensed healthcare personnel. Faculty positions include Professor, Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Distinguished Professor, Department Chairman, and Instructor. (See page 2 of this procedure for a list of Licensed Health Care titles exempt from the PCQ process). A Position Authorization Request (PAR) must also be completed and submitted with this request.
2. Reclassify an existing position: When requesting reclassification of an existing position, a PCQ must be submitted, unless the request is for faculty or licensed healthcare personnel. Faculty positions include Professor, Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Distinguished Professor, Department Chairman, and Instructor. (See page 2 of this procedure for a list of Licensed Health Care titles exempt from the PCQ process). A PAR must also be completed and submitted with this request.
3. Posting a position: When submitting a request to post a position, a current PCQ must be submitted with the personnel requisition form. Refer to UAMS Job Vacancy Posting policy 4.5.09.
4. Requests for Out of Cycle Salary increases: When requesting an out of cycle salary increase, a current PCQ must be submitted. Additional documentation is required for this process. Refer to the UAMS Non-Classified Salary Management policy, 4.5.27.
5. Upon approval, OHR Classification and Compensation, will complete the change (allocate or reclass) in SAP and notify the requesting department via e-mail that their request has been approved and changes made in the SAP organizational structure. The requesting department can then utilize SAP transaction code PPOSE to review the changes.
6. If the request has bee disapproved, OHR Classification and Compensation will notify the requesting department via e-mail
The requesting department is responsible for the accuracy of the PCQ. Improperly completed forms will be returned to the department for correction.
UAMS Policy 4.5.07 Creating and Modifying Positions
2 UAMS Policy 4.5.09 Job Vacancy Posting
3 UAMS Policy 4.5.27 Non-classified Salary Management