UAMS ADMINISTRATIVE GUIDE
The purpose of this policy is to recognize the importance and permanent
value of many of the University's official files, records and documents. The University
has established its Archives to insure the preservation if these materials.
All administrative officers of the University, including members of the
teaching faculty whose performance of teaching and administrative duties puts them in
possession of files, records or documents pertaining to their official duties, are
requested to observe the following procedures:
- The records of the official activities of the University officers and
offices are the property of the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences.
- Such property is not to be destroyed without the approval of:
- The officer in charge of the department where the papers accumulate.
- The UAMS University Archivist.
- The officer in charge of each administrative office determines when
records cease to have current administrative value. The Archivist will thereupon determine
which of these records have permanent value to the University and shall arrange their
systematic transfer to the University Archives.
- The Archives will preserve the personal papers of faculty and
administrative officers of the University.
- The Archivist shall consult with administrative officers to determine the
type of restrictions to be placed upon the use of confidential records.
- The Chancellor may add such further regulations and directions as may be
necessary or appropriate.